Park@Perak is a e-parking coupon app developed to make it easier for Perakians to pay for their parking fare when they park their vehicles in designated space for parking. Before this, we need to buy books of parking coupons and keep them in the car so that we can use the coupon when we need it.
Okay, how is the Park@Perak app any good for us?
1. We don’t need to look for a shop that sells parking coupons when we run out of parking coupons.
2. The app will notify us 5 minutes (sometimes 15 minutes?) before the time is up for the e-parking coupon. Then we can purchase more e-parking coupon to top up our parking time without having to rush to our car to scratch more parking coupon(s).
3. No need to use any more paper parking coupons. Hence more environmentally friendly. And no need to throw used parking coupons away which can accumulate in our cars
4. In the event that a traffic warden mistakenly gave us a parking ticket, we have records of our parking coupons in our app to challenge the decision.
All good. The only downside as far as I can see is I seem to be paying more than I normally would when using the app. You see, sometimes I leave used parking coupons on the dashboard to try to get away from using any parking coupons, especially when I ran out of parking coupons, or when I just needed to make a short trip to the shops from my car. I guess I can still try my luck sometimes, but so far I very religiously use my parking credit after I’ve parked my car. Perhaps it’s fun to use the app, for now lol
The following is a simple how-to for the app. There is a manual in Bahasa Malaysia from the official app website. But I’ll briefly run it through here in English anyway:
- Registering when you use the app for the first time.
You’ll need to fill in personal details like name, IC number, telephone number, email address and password.
4. Add your car number plate for the first time.