I first get to know about trampoline park (I didn’t even know at the time it is called a trampoline park!) when my friend showed me photos of such premise, possibly located in KL. It looks fun, kids can bounce up and down, and side way too! A fun way for kids to do some exercise. I wasn’t interested at the time, as my daughter was still very young, about 5 years old perhaps.
Heard that there is going to be a trampoline park in Ipoh soon too! So I try to check it out and see where it is. No information available as far as I know, but get to read up more about trampoline park though. It is growing in popularity in the US, with an estimated five to six parks opening every month. But the injuries as a result from playing on trampolines shot up too!
A few important points to note are:
- Parents should not be complacent and think that the staff working in the park will supervise or ensure your child’s safety while playing there.
- Parents need to be aware of the risks of playing in the park, but the staff also need to be trained to know some first aid knowledge, with procedures on how to handle the situation in case there is an emergency. Cases of broken arm, broken back, and even broken neck have occurred before in these parks!
- Discourage your child from doing silly stunts like somersault and all without proper supervision.
- Don’t let your child jump together with others on the same trampoline.
- Keep your child away from bigger kids.
Does make me think twice before I decide to bring my daughter to a trampoline park, if there is one in Ipoh..
There is indeed a new trampoline park in Ipoh, it is called Master Jump. See my next post on this new trampoline park.